Tasks are activities that a user needs to carry out, usually because of their involvement in a group.
For an ordinary user that is not an administrator or moderator of a group these could be:
- A request to make changes to a discussion message or knowledge entry that they have submitted to a space because it doesn't meet approval.
- A request to follow-up on a web page that has been found via a monitor and assigned to the user.
Drafts of discussion messages, knowledge entries, blog posts and blog comments are also stored as tasks.
For a user that is an administrator or moderator of a group there will be additional tasks, for example:
- Approving a new member of a group.
- Approving a discussion message or knowledge entry that does not meet the group policy, for example by being too big.
- Approving a discussion message, knowledge entry or blog comment that requires moderation.
If there are multiple group administrators or moderators then a task will be listed for all of them. When it is actioned it will be removed from their tasks.
System administrators will get additional tasks, such as approving new users of the system.